Due to UConn’s preventative response to reduce the spread of Coronavirus, our guiding principle is to support students while protecting the health of our community.
Beginning Monday 3/23/20 through the end of the spring semester, we REQUIRE that students call our office at 860-486-4705 before walking to the office. SHaW-Mental Health has moved to exclusively telehealth (online) or phone platforms for providing services to students for the duration of the semester.
*Please note: If you do not have access to a quiet location and need a place to have a telemental health services, space has been made available on the 4th floor of Arjona. Please call ahead to reserve the space.*
For students already in services at SHaW-MH:
- You will receive an email or a phone call from our office providing instructions about your next scheduled appointment with your provider. Please check your UCONN email for this notification in the upcoming days.
- If you have not received notification from our office, please call in advance of your next appointment for instructions about your next scheduled meeting.
For students seeking services from us:
- We are here for you! Our office will be moving to primarily same day consultation appointments for students reaching out for support to help assess your needs via phone or telehealth.
- Our goal will be to make sure that you have the support and resources you need whether that is with us or a provider in your home community.
For mental health emergencies:
- We will continue to be available for crisis assessment 24/7 through the end of the semester.
- To access this, call our office and you will be connected with a provider.
- If you are experiencing a serious and immediate life-threatening crisis, please call 911 or the UConn Police Department immediately
While we are in the midst of uncertain times, please rest certain that we at SHaW-MH are deeply committed to finding the best ways to support the health of our community. Be on the lookout for ongoing messaging about ways we will be working to support UConn. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Welcome to Student Health and Wellness – Mental Health
You Can Do It. We Can Help.
The campus environment can be exciting and challenging. It can also be highly stressful since social and emotional concerns can interfere with effective functioning and academic performance.
We offer a holistic and collaborative model of care. We hope you find Mental Health to be a friendly, helpful place that provides services to help you be a successful student and a happy and healthy person!
The mission of SHaW Mental Health is to provide the highest quality clinical services to promote the emotional, relational, and academic potential of all students. We are committed to the core values of respect, responsiveness, innovation, and quality to enhance the unique experience of each individual at the University of Connecticut.
We are committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for the UConn community. We celebrate and honor the uniqueness and diversity of all individuals. We promote social justice and inclusivity throughout UConn and the broader global community through our clinical, outreach, and training services.
How Are We Doing?
Location, Hours and Contact Information
We are located on the 4th floor of the Arjona Building, near Mirror Lake.
Reach us at:
Student Health and Wellness - Mental Health
337 Mansfield Road, U-1255
Storrs, CT 06269-1255
Hours of operation, August 26 – May 10, 2020:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Wednesday 10:30 am – 4:30 pm.