As a part of UConn’s preventative response to reduce the spread of Coronavirus, we are adapting to new opportunities, and SHaW-MH is going virtual!
SHaW-Mental Health has moved to exclusively telehealth (online) or phone platforms for providing services to support students. In order to access services, students must call 860-486-4705.
While we are in the midst of uncertain times, please rest assured that we at SHaW-MH are deeply committed to finding the best ways to support the health of our community. Be on the lookout for ongoing messaging about ways we will be working to support UConn. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to us.
For students already in services at SHaW-MH:
- You have likely received an email or a phone call from our office providing instructions about your next scheduled appointment with your provider. Please check your UCONN email for this notification in the upcoming days.
- If you have not received notification from our office, please call in advance of your next appointment for instructions about your next scheduled meeting.
- Appointments will be delivered through the UConn WebEx platform whenever possible, but may be alternatively provided by phone if necessary or preferred.
For students seeking services from us:
- We are here for you! Our office will assist you with offering primarily same day consultation appointments for students reaching out for support to help assess your needs via phone or telehealth.
- Our goal will be to make sure that you have the support and resources you need whether that is with us or a provider in your home community.
- We are continuing to offer most all of our regular services:
- Triage/same-day consultation services
- Emergency assessment and support
- Intake Assessments
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group psychotherapy
- Medication management for ongoing clients
- Meditation Mondays
- We have temporarily suspended the following services for spring semester:
- Yoga workshops
- Introduction to Mindfulness Workshops
- Medication Evaluations
- To speak with someone, give us a call at 860-486-4705 during regular business hours and we will get you set up with someone to discuss your needs.
- In addition to clinical services, check out our website and social media. We are regularly updating and adding resources to support the campus community. Follow our links to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
For mental health emergencies:
- We are available for crisis assessment during business hours (Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm).
- To access this, call our office at 860-486-4705 and you will be connected with a provider.
- If you are experiencing a serious and immediate life-threatening crisis, please call 911 or the UConn Police Department immediately.
Welcome to Student Health and Wellness – Mental Health
You Can Do It. We Can Help.
The campus environment can be exciting and challenging. It can also be highly stressful since social and emotional concerns can interfere with effective functioning and academic performance.
We offer a holistic and collaborative model of care. We hope you find Mental Health to be a friendly, helpful place that provides services to help you be a successful student and a happy and healthy person!
The mission of SHaW Mental Health is to provide the highest quality clinical services to promote the emotional, relational, and academic potential of all students. We are committed to the core values of respect, responsiveness, innovation, and quality to enhance the unique experience of each individual at the University of Connecticut.
We are committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for the UConn community. We celebrate and honor the uniqueness and diversity of all individuals. We promote social justice and inclusivity throughout UConn and the broader global community through our clinical, outreach, and training services.
How Are We Doing?
Location, Hours and Contact Information
Student Health and Wellness - Mental Health
337 Mansfield Road, U-1255
Storrs, CT 06269-1255
- Summer Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Crisis assessment available: Monday – Friday 8:30 am- 4:30 pm.