Finding a Psychiatric Treatment Provider

Learn about how you to find a qualified medical doctor or advanced practice registered nurse.

Medication With Other Campus Mental Health Services
The CMHS team of psychiatrists and advanced practice registered nurses provide medication assessment and management to any UConn students who are actively involved in treatment with a CMHS therapist. In addition, through a cooperative agreement, medication management can be made for students being seen for counseling at the two mental health training clinics on the Storrs campus:

Hospital Image

  1. Humphrey Clinic
  2. The Psychological Services Clinic

Medication With Off-Campus Mental Health Services
If you are receiving services from an off-campus therapist off campus, you are expected to receive your medication services from a community doctor or nurse as well. Your off-campus therapist can assist you in finding a medication treatment provider in the community with whom he or she regularly collaborates.

For a complete listing of area private mental health practitioners, click here.

CMHS provides no actual endorsement of these practitioners who have submitted information to CMHS declaring their interest in being on a CMHS referral list for UConn students. Because mental health treatment is an ongoing commitment, it is important that you find care provider with whom you feel comfortable. Good care providers don’t just prescribe medication; they listen to your concerns, help you overcome difficulties, and make treatment a collaborative process.